Sunday 29 January 2012

Too much information

So, yes, I'm trying to cheat a hangover today.

I'm not a big drinker although I have been in the past. These days my consumption is limited to the odd glass of wine through the week and maybe a couple at weekends. Last night a relaxed dinner with friends saw me having a wee bit more including a couple of whisky cocktails and a few rum and Dr Peppers.

Thankfully I didn't get leary or embarass myself, so 'the man' reassures me, and despite not going to bed until past 5am I'm not too shabby today. I don't have a headache and I don't have the urge to talk to Huey or Ralph on the the big white telephone. Yay! So far, so good.

I've held down some porridge and I've passed the burp test. (if you can give a good belch without feeling the need to blow chunks you're doing ok). On the downside, I did wake up this morning with really bad panda eyes, a face that looked very much like a bundle of wet washing and a mouth like a badger's bum. Mmm, attractive!

Now, after a shower and a lick of paint, I could almost pass for human to the untrained eye. The only giveaway is the trail of toxic green vapour that seems to be following me wherever I go. What can I say? It must be the dog!

No comments:

Post a Comment