Wednesday 1 February 2012

Snakes or Ladders? What's your choice?

Who knows why the twist of fate turns the way it does? Moments of time sewn together in a pattern of light that leads us down a chosen path. Is it predestined, some grand plan or do we hold the design in our hands?
Have we already made a pact with those we invite into our lives to teach us things we’ve yet to learn? A challenge of our own making in order to experience life in ways we’ve never done before. Pain, elation, desire, frustration. A way to heal, a way to feel.

How many people go through life blaming others for their misfortune? Accepting responsibility for how we feel at any given moment gives us ultimate power to change our perspective and regain control of our lives and the direction we wish to take. If every day we can understand that we have the choice to fight or take flight we can find the strength to truly live to our full potential. Our illusion of time appears fleeting but what if even that is under our control? Can we stretch that illusion to extend our periods of happiness and shorten the days of despondency? Why not? We have the choice.

Last night I had a dream that I was watching a film where the characters all had aspirations for their lives that they were working towards. I had seen the film before and knew that each and every one of them would ultimately fail yet I still felt inspired somehow. They blamed their circumstances or the people around them for their failures but I woke up feeling that I was the only one responsible for my successes or failure. I choose not to fail, I choose to learn from my mistakes, I choose to perservere and keep climbing.

1 comment:

  1. You are, and always will be, a true inspiration to me of what a human being should be and can achieve. To move forward; to strive without bitterness nor regret of past experiences. Never stop climbing, Alanda, and always remember to share your paintings on the way up...

    ReplyDelete